This salad was a big hit for the 4th of July, but also a great use for the abundance of watermelon this season. All of my guests look forward to this cool and refreshing salad at any summer get together. It’s simple to prepare and easy to make in large quantities. The components of this salad may sound strange together, but they compliment each other nicely.
I am posting this recipe with Feta cheese as an ingredient, but I omit that for my salad in order to be Dairy-free, and it still tastes wonderful.
1 each orange, zest and juice only
1 each lemon, zest and juice only
2 each lime, zest and juice only
1/2 small onion, white, large chunks are fine
1 Tbls Honey, local, raw
1 packet Stevia, I used “In the Raw”
2 Tbls Rice vinegar
1 cup Canola oil, Non-GMO
1/2 tsp Himalayan pink salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 cup Parsley, chopped
1. Combine citrus fruit zests and juices in the blender, along with the onion, honey, stevia, vinegar, s&p – blend until smooth
2. Open the hole in the lid of the blender and slowly add the oil, with blender running, to emulsify to a thicker texture
3. Pour dressing into a service container and stir in chopped parsley
4. Combine the watermelon with the mint and the feta (if you are not dairy free, otherwise omit)
5. Now you are ready to serve, place arugula leaves in a bowl (makes 6 or more servings, if you would like to stretch in out you can use romaine lettuce)
6. Top with watermelon mixture
7. Then drizzle citrus vinaigrette on top – Enjoy!