Dear, sweet friends, how I love you all so much! Almost as much as I love Coconut! Hee,hee 🙂 Recently, I was interviewed on a local news segment to talk about and cook with coconut…..yummmmm! It was incredibly brief, but you can read all about the health benefits of coconut here, also on my blog, as coconut is a powerhouse when it comes to healing and over-all health. Also, click here to watch the 3 minute clip.
Freedom Chef: Coconut Flour Blueberry Pancakes
Becky Ross with “Nood Foods by the Freedom Chef” reveals her new gluten free food line. It’s created to promote over-all health and wellness by beginning with real foods.
You can find her items at HyVee, but she also has two websites where you can find more info on her recipes. She works with anyone, but has a special connection with Corporate Woods. She is the chef who caters to the New Birth Company in Corporate Woods. Their signature item is her pancakes, that are made with coconut flour, formulated to expedite the healing process. They are served to every new mother.
For more information, visit Nood-Foods.com. Or call 913-815-0086. You can also email TheFreedomChef@gmail.com.
Coconut Flour Blueberry Pancakes
- ½ cup Coconut Flour
- ½ cup Golden Flax seeds, ground
- 1/3 cup Arrowroot
- 3 packets Stevia, Sweetleaf
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs, organic or pastured
- 2 + 2 TBLS Coconut oil
- 1 cup Coconut milk, So Delicious
- ¾ cup Blueberries, fresh or frozen
1. Mix all ingredients together, reserve blueberries & 2 Tbls of coconut oil
2. heat griddle with additional coconut oil
3. use a 2oz scoop or latel to portion, then form into a pancake & place on to griddle
4. Place 6-10 blueberries on each pancakes once it is on the griddle
5. these will not bubble, cook 2 minutes on medium heat
6. flip, cook 1 more minute on second side
7. Serves 4 or makes about 8 pancakes (1/2 cup each)