By far our new favorite summer rice! The kids could hardly wait for dinner with this on the plate! It was incredibly simple to make, I was able to use up my blueberries before they went south, it came out with a fun purple color, wonderful taste and it naturally filled with magnificent nutrition.
Blueberries are one of all time favorite berries, I call them “brain”berries 😉 They are packed with Vitamin C, Fiber, Manganese and loaded with Antioxidants. Blueberries are reported to support brain function, even to the point of reversing the effects of Alzheimer’s! They are also reported to reverse the signs of aging, reduce belly fat and diabetes risk, help bowel functions and they look and taste great too!
On to the recipe at hand…ever tried Jasmine rice? Mmmmmm! It’s a beautifully aromatic rice that tastes as good as it smells.
1/2 cup Jasmine rice
1 cup Water
1/2+1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 cup Coconut milk
1/4 cup Blueberries, fresh, crushed or pinched into small pieces
1 packet Stevia
1. Place rice, water and 1/2 tsp salt in a sauce pot with lid. Place over medium heat & bring to a boil
2. Reduce heat to a simmer (low heat), stir, then replace the lid cook for about 7 minutes or until rice is tender
3. Separately, Mix the blueberries with the remaining ingredients
4. Add the blueberry mixture to the rice and cook for 2 more minutes to incorporate the colors and flavors
5. Serve with fresh blueberries
Note: I served this with Citrus Flax Seed Grilled Chicken topped with Mango Salsa. I will provide the recipe at a later date 🙂